ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, June 15th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, June 29th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, NHL Playoffs, Habs News
- Congratulations to the St. Louis Blues, Stanley Cup champions for 2018-19! Rick and Joe give their thoughts on the SCF series and how the Blues beat the Bruins.
- The guys give a stick tap to the Charlotte Checkers, the AHL affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes, this year’s Calder Cup winning team.
- Jordan Eberle has re-signed with the Islanders for five years and the Flyers and Capitals swapped defencemen.
- The Toronto Raptors captured the NBA Championship. Rick and Joe discuss the landmark moment for the franchise, and discuss what the Habs could learn from the Raptors front office.
- Then it is time to highlight the latest Canadiens news: Gustav Olofsson signed a two-way contract, Brendan Gallagher gave a thumbs down to World Cup celebrations, the NHL buyout period opened on Saturday and there’s a new addition to the pre-season schedule.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The 2019 NHL Entry Draft is nearly upon us. Rick and Joe identify prospects who are on their radar and discuss what Marc Bergevin’s strategy should be.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Who do you think that the Canadiens should select with the 15th pick of the first round of the 2019 NHL Entry Draft? Responses: Twitter | Facebook
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!