ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, July 13th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, July 20th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens avoided arbitration with their two highest profile RFA’s, Arturri Lehkonen and Joel Armia. Rick and Joe discuss their contracts and how Marc Bergevin did.
- It was reported by Steve Simmons that Don Cherry would not be returning to Hockey Night in Canada for the upcoming season. This was later denied by Cherry. The guys take a look at both the Simmons’ article and Cherry’s response.
- J.J. Daigneault was introduced as head coach and had some interesting comments regarding Karl Alzner.
- The Laval Rocket’s 2019-2020 schedule has been released!
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- The fallout from the Sebastian Aho offer sheet continues! This week we got statements from all parties involved: Aho, the Carolina Hurricanes and the Montreal Canadiens. Rick and Joe react to each of these statements, and those made by Elliotte Friedman on the 31 Thoughts Podcast.
- The guys look at what is being speculated on social media about this offer sheet, in comparison to how it is actually being perceived throughout the league.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: With Marc Bergevin adding Chiarot, Cousins, Kinkaid and trading Shaw, are the Montreal Canadiens a better team than last season? Responses: Twitter | Facebook
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!