ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, July 27th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, August 3rd at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Joel Armia had some interesting regarding the French media in Montreal that drew the ire of some Habs fans and others.
- A video of Andrei Markov skating made the rounds on social media. Following his agents comments regarding a potential return to the Canadiens, the video got Habs fans talking.
- Following the arrival of Keith Kinkaid last week, another Canadiens signing, Ben Chiarot, arrived in Montreal for the first time to meet with the media and wear the jersey for the first time.
- Tomas Plekanec signed with HC Kometa Brno of the Czech Extraliga.
- The Canadiens last remaining RFA, Michael McCarron, signed a one-year, two-way contract.
- ESPN has predicted where the Canadiens will finish in the standings this season and the Vegas oddsmakers have weighed in.
- TVA speculated on the return that the Jets are expecting from Patrik Laine and the price is steep.
- Second round pick Jayden Struble confirmed his commitment to Northeastern this week on Instagram.
- The World Junior Summer Showcase is underway in Plymouth, MI. and four Canadiens prospects are participating.
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- Comments from former Canadiens forward Nikita Scherbak about the way Russians are treated by the Canadiens organization sparked outrage on social media. Rick and Joe dissect Scherbak’s comments and wonder if the negative response is justified.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: If the season started today, what are your forward lines for the Habs? Responses: Twitter | Facebook
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!