ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, August 31st at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, September 7th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Canadiens owner Geoff Molson spoke to the media this week, saying that he is excited about the next “three to eight years”. Rick and Joe take a look at his comments and wonder what to make of them.
- Max Domi also spoke to the media this week, and perhaps reignited a major rivalry in the process.
- Jonathan Drouin revealed that he has been spending time watching film with Habs assitant coach Dominique Ducharme, who coached Drouin in junior.
- Former Canadiens defenceman, Andrei Markov, was in the news again this week. He hired agent Allan Walsh to help him get back to the NHL.
- Elliotte Friedman made some interesting comments on Tim & Sid Thursday. Bringing up the idea that Marc Bergevin and the Canadiens are still “looking at moves to add to their team”. He also added that the Canadiens were interested in Jake Gardiner earlier this summer, but their interest was not reciprocated.
- Sportsnet let some familiar names go from their hockey coverage including Nick Kypreos, Doug MacLean and John Shannon.
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- What looked to be the Canadiens draft list was leaked on TVA and made the rounds on social media. The Canadiens official Twitter account denied that this was used by the team at the NHL draft in Vancouver. Rick and Joe discuss what this means and take a deeper look at Montreal’s lack of transparency.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Will Jonathan Drouin have a breakout year after watching video this summer?
? Responses: Twitter | Facebook
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!