(Photo by TVA Sports)
ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, September 7th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, September 14th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Former Canadiens captain, Brian Gionta, will be inducted into the US Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Do the Habs have interest in signing veteran forward Jason Pominville to a PTO?
- Northeastern University officially welcomed one of the Canadiens newest prospects, Jayden Struble to the school.
- The Hockey News released it’s 2019-20 list of Top 50 players in the NHL: Carey Price is the only Canadien.
- Canadiens Rookie Camp is underway! This batch of Canadiens youngsters head to the CAA Arena in Belleville to face off against the prospects of the Ottawa Senators and Winnipeg Jets this weekend, where Rick and others from the Rocket Sports team will be providing coverage.
- Marc Bergevin says that he is not interested in bringing Andrei Markov back to the Habs.
- It was suggested by Elliotte Friedman last week that the Canadiens had interest in Jake Gardiner earlier in the summer. David Pagnotta of the Fourth Period added fuel to the fire when he suggested the Canadiens were willing to offer Gardiner a multi-year deal for his services. Gardiner signed with the Hurricanes on Friday on a team-friendly deal worth $16.2 million over four years.
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- After Marc Bergevin badly mishandled the Sebastian Aho offer sheet, Canadiens fans developed a rivalry with Carolina Hurricanes fans. We were pleased to be joined by Patty, a founding member of Let’s Go Canes to discuss the events of the off-season from a very different perspective.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Claude Julien hinted that there may be changes before opening night. In your opinion, who is untouchable in the Habs organization?
Responses: Twitter | Facebook
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!