ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, September 14th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, September 21st at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The often understated Carey Price made some rather intriguing comments regarding the current state of the Montreal Canadiens and his career. Rick and Joe dissect the comments made by the Canadiens franchise netminder.
- It was reported by Alexandre Pratt of La Presse that Jake Gardiner rejected a three-year $15.75 million contract offer from the Canadiens before accepting the deal offered by Carolina.
- The Canadiens were interested in Matt Duchene during Free Agency, before he signed with the Nashville Predators. Chris Johnston of Sportsnet shed some light on how negotiations went for the Canadiens, and just how close Duchene may have been to donning le bleu, blanc et rouge.
- Marc Bergevin shares his thoughts on the Canadiens as training camp begins.
- Rick and Joe take a look back at the Rookie Tournament in Belleville before turning our attention to Habs Training Camp.
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- Training Camp is officially underway! With that comes quite a few questions and concerns that Rick and Joe are going to try and tackle. Will Bergevin’s additions be enough? Will Drouin realize his potential? Is Jesperi Kotkaniemi ready for more responsibility? Will the youth movement make an impact, as suggested by Bergevin? These are just some of the questions Rick and Joe will tackle in this rapid fire Big Topic!
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: What’s your most pressing question/concern about the Canadiens as training camp begins?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!