ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, September 21st at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, September 28th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens have started out red hot in preseason play, taking their opener against the New Jersey Devils and two consecutive from the Florida Panthers. Rick and Joe assess the performances they’ve seen to this point.
- Who has raised their stock in the three preseason games and who needs to step up?
- Much has been made of the Canadiens prospect pool. Which youngsters, if any, will be there opening night in Raleigh? The guys discuss.
Segment 2: The Big Topic.
- The Canadiens have gotten off to a good start in preseason, but that’s been in spite of a rough start with injuries. Paul Byron and Ryan Poehling are the latest to be bit by the injury bug, joining a list that includes Karl Alzner, Noah Juulsen and prospects like Gustav Olofsson and Joni Ikonen. The Canadiens were relatively healthy last season, but will that luck be on their side this year?
- Poehling has been sidelined with a concussion and Juulsen has been dealing with some headaches that Claude Julien insists are not related to a concussion. Rick and Joe weigh in on comments made by Julien regarding concussions.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: What’s your most pressing question/concern about the Canadiens as training camp begins?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!