ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, September 28th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, October 5th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens have dropped two straight contests in preseason play, being shut out twice by the Toronto Maple Leafs. Joe and Rick discuss the highlights.
- Habs legend Guy Lafleur underwent quadruple bypass heart surgery on Thursday.
- Canadiens captain Shea Weber has been named the winner of the Jean Beliveau Trophy for 2018-19.
- Five players cleared waivers and were assigned to the Laval Rocket: Karl Alzner, Xavier Ouellet, Matthew Peca, Phil Varone and Dale Weise. Do they all deserve to be there?
- Rick and Joe preview the final pre-season game. Will Carey Price play? How about Ryan Poehling?
- Who will be on the Canadiens opening night roster? The guys put on their GM hats and make their final cuts from camp.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- In episode 49 of the Canadiens Connection podcast, Joe and Rick outlined the 12 most pressing questions about the Montreal Canadiens. The guys will revisit that list and take a stab at answering some of the most concerning issues.
- Then Rick and Joe will provide their predictions for the upcoming season.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Jonathan Drouin has played 5 years, 322 games in the NHL. Will he finally fulfill his potential this season?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!