ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, December 21th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, December 28th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- After a tough loss to Detroit in the Habs final home game of 2019, the Montreal Canadiens headed out on the road for the Western Canadian road trip. They bounced back with a pair of wins over the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames. Rick and Joe discuss the “Road Warriors” Montreal Canadiens.
- In a press conference this week, Marc Bergevin said he would not “mortgage the future” to make an improvement to this team.
- Taylor Hall was dealt to Arizona this week for a package of picks and prospects that was headlined by prospect defenceman, Kevin Bahl. This was a trade that sparked a lot of debate on social media, including amongst Habs fans.
- We check in with the Laval Rocket as they have dealt with some injuries to Alex Belzile and Charles Hudon.
- Michael McCarron will most likely be facing some supplemental discipline for his actions against the Utica Comets.
- After being sent down following his first career NHL win, Cayden Primeau’s struggles in the AHL have continued.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- “Culture” is a word thrown around quite a lot in professional sports. For a team to be successful for a prolonged period of time, the culture that surrounds that club needs to be a positive one. Rick and Joe take a look at the culture that has surrounded the Montreal Canadiens since Marc Bergevin has taken over as the General Manager of the organization.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: At the quarter mark of the season, are the Canadiens a playoff-bound team or not?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!