ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, January 4th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, January 11th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- After a successful trip out west, the Canadiens continued their road trip with two games in Florida against the Lightning and Panthers, before concluding their trip in Raleigh for a opening night rematch with the Hurricanes. They then returned home for a rematch with Tampa Bay. Montreal came out of those four games winless. Rick and Joe discuss the four-game losing streak.
- When it rains it pours. The Montreal Canadiens lost Brendan Gallagher to a concussion this week in the game against Carolina. He joins Joel Armia, Paul Byron, Jonathan Drouin and Matthew Peca on IR.
- Team USA was eliminated in the quarter-finals of the World Juniors by Finland, which means Habs prospects Cole Caufield and Jordan Harris are out.
- Taking a look at the standings and looking at how likely the playoffs are for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Michael McNiven’s journey of a season continues being recalled by the Laval Rocket but did not physically join the club as they are looking to assign him to another ECHL club. Charlie Lindgren looked very good in his first backup role of the season for the Canadiens.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Marc Bergevin was active this week with a pair of trades involving and a signing. Thursday night, he traded Mike Reilly to Ottawa for a 5th round pick and forward Andrew Sturtz, before trading a 4th round pick to Buffalo for Marco Scandella. He followed that up on Friday by signing 36-year-old forward Ilya Kovalchuk to a one-year, two-way deal.
- With the moves made this week, where does Montreal stand with just over a month until the NHL Trade Deadline?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: What do you think about Bergevin’s acquisition of Ilya Kovalchuk and Marco Scandella?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!