ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, January 11th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, January 18th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Montreal Canadiens have gone winless in their last eight games, for the second time this season. Last Saturday they suffered an OT loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins which accounts for the only point gained over the last eight games. They followed up that loss with losses to the Winnipeg Jets, Detroit Red Wings (for the third time this season) and the Edmonton Oilers.
- Brendan Gallagher returned to the lineup in the Habs second encounter with Connor McDavid and the Oilers, just nine days after suffering a concussion. The following day, Claude Julien told the media that Gallagher was dealing with headaches. It is yet to be determined whether they are linked to his concussion. Rick and Joe discuss the handling of Gallagher’s situation.
- Comments from comedy icon, Larry David, regarding New York Rangers rookie Kaapo Kakko, which criticized Rangers coach David Quinn, also applies to Claude Julien’s handling of young players.
- Taking a look at the standings and looking at how likely the playoffs are for the Montreal Canadiens.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Given the Montreal Canadiens currently find themselves winless in their last eight games (again), what are the biggest problems facing the Montreal Canadiens? Rick and Joe take a look at the organization and look at potential solutions for the problems we have seen this season and particularly over this eight-game stretch.
- With the trade deadline just over a month away, who might be a good candidate for the Canadiens to sell, should they go that route?
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: As a seller, which players can Marc Bergevin realistically move by the trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!