ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, February 1st at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, February 8th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens returned to action following their bye week and the All-Star break. They played in two games against the Washington Capitals and Buffalo Sabres, losing at home against the Capitals, but picking up a win in Buffalo.
- The Habs have some positive news on the injury front. Brendan Gallagher returned to action in Buffalo, picking up a goal in his return, while Jonathan Drouin’s return seems imminent.
- Ilya Kovalchuk scored again in the Canadiens’ win over the Sabres, bringing his total to five goals in a Habs uniform and nine points in his 10 games played with the club. With each passing game, his trade value increases a little bit more.
- Carey Price won the Molson Cup for the month of January. His 42 starts ranks first amongst goaltenders in the NHL. After signing Keith Kinkaid with the idea that he would be the answer and provide Price with some valuable rest, the Canadiens have been unable to give him that rest.
- Geoff Molson announced a “major restructuring” for group CH.
- Laval was awarded the 2021 AHL All-Star game.
- Dale Weise played his 500th NHL game against the Capitals on Monday, registering a goal in the contest to commemorate his milestone.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Young players take the spotlight this week, as they should for the remainder of this season for the Montreal Canadiens. Yet, Jesperi Kotkaniemi was a healthy scratch in the Habs game against the Sabres and Cale Fleury had been a scratch in the Canadiens’ last four games, before being assigned to Laval on Friday.
- With Claude Julien’s history with young players, Rick and Joe take a look at how he’s handled Kotkaniemi and Fleury, along with other young players like Nick Suzuki and Ryan Poehling this season.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Which Habs players will likely be moved before the NHL trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!