ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, February 8th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, February 15th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- We’re right back in the swing of things following the All-Star break. The Habs played four games this week, winning games over Florida, New Jersey and Anaheim, while dropping a contest against Columbus. The Canadiens have won eight of their last 11 games.
- Taking a look at goaltending this week, Carey Price had a great week between the pipes, Charlie Lindgren picked up a win in Price’s absence, Michael McNiven is back with the Laval Rocket and Keith Kinkaid is still in Laval and not exactly happy about it.
- In the shootout win over the Devils, fans were quite critical of Lindgren, who made phenomenal saves throughout, but allowed goals that some fans did not like. Rick and Joe discuss the reaction to Lindgren’s performance, and what a reasonable expectation is for a goaltender not named Carey Price.
- After the Athletic had their NHL player’s poll a few weeks ago, this time it’s the agents turn to give their thoughts on NHL executives, amongst other things.
- Geoff Molson’s feud with members of the Montreal media is ongoing.
- An update on Jesperi Kotkaniemi and the Laval Rocket.
- Looking at the latest developments in the Trois-Rivières story.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The Canadiens have been dealing with a nasty flu bug that has been working its way through the locker room. Additionally, the loss of Habs captain Shea Weber to injury has not helped.
- We wondered earlier this season if the Canadiens would have the same luck with the injury bug that they did last season when they were relatively unscathed and though they have not been affected as drastically as other teams, they’ve still had some unfortunate luck with injuries.
- In addition to the flu and the loss of Shea Weber, the Canadiens are still awaiting the return of Jonathan Drouin who has been cleared for contact since the end of January. Claude Julien says they are waiting on Drouin to tell the Canadiens when he feels ready to rejoin the lineup.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Which Habs players will likely be moved before the NHL trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!