ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, February 15th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, February 22nd at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- It was another busy week for the Montreal Canadiens. They played in four games against the Leafs, Coyotes, Bruins and Penguins, beating the Leafs while dropping the contests to Arizona, Boston and Pittsburgh.
- The Zdeno Chara cross-check to Brendan Gallagher’s neck was the talk of the league following the Habs loss to the Bruins. Chara was fined $5,000 by the Department of Player Safety for the dangerous play.
- An event that was overshadowed by Chara’s dross-check, Brad Marchand speared Jeff Petry. The Bruins were in vintage form in that game.
- What’s been going on with Max Domi? Rick and Joe discuss the uninspired play we’ve seen from Domi of late and the idea of trading the 25-year-old which has gained some traction.
- Alex Galchenyuk was traded from the Penguins to the Wild, as part of a package to acquire Jason Zucker. Minnesota will be Galchenyuk’s fourth team in his young career. The guys look back at his time in Montreal and some myths that surround Galchenyuk.
- Renaud Lavoie shared his thoughts on Marc Bergevin’s, giving him praise for the unsuccessful offer sheet he tabled for Sebastian Aho.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The Habs will be without their captain Shea Weber for four to six weeks, as he recovers from a high ankle sprain. It was an announcement that came after a lot of media speculation and a rather contentious media scrum with Claude Julien. Rick and Joe take a look at the lack of transparency when it comes to injuries.
- Jonathan Drouin returned to action against the Maple Leafs after a prolonged absence. In the four games since his return, Drouin has gone pointless and is -5.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Which Habs players will likely be moved before the NHL trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!