ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, March 21st at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, March 28th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- We’re through the first full week without NHL games, Rick and Joe discuss their week without NHL hockey or any sports.
- Even without any games there was some roster movement for the Canadiens this week. Before NHL rosters were frozen, the club assigned Jake Evans to Laval. Nathaniel Halbert was released from his PTO and Alex Belzile signed a one-year, two-way extension with the club.
- Cole Caufield will be returning the Wisconsin Badgers next season. After Alex Turcotte and K’Andre Miller signed their Entry Level Contracts, some wondered if Caufield would be headed to the pros as well, but Marc Bergevin and the Canadiens were clear in what they wanted.
- Of course, the Coronavirus continues to dominate the news cycle around the world, and by extension, the sporting world, including the first positive test in the NHL that came from the Ottawa Senators and led to concerns for their most recent opponents the Ducks and Kings.
- The ECHL and all leagues in the CHL are moving from being suspended to cancelled. Additionally, the IIHF 2020 Men’s World Championships that were set to take place in Switzerland have been cancelled.
- How organizations were approaching the payment of their part-time employees dominated social media this week, including the plan of the Montreal Canadiens.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Taking a look at some storylines that emerged out of this season, Rick and Joe discuss how the communications department for the Canadiens have been rather noticeably searching for a good news story for this season and have often exaggerated to do it. A recent example comparing the production of Phillip Danault to Connor McDavid is a prime example of this. They also look at Geoff Molson’s interactions with Montreal media on Twitter.
- Who will be the fall guy for this season should there be one, since Marc Bergevin and Claude Julien will both be back? Could it be Trevor Timmins or Kirk Muller shouldering the blame for this season’s shortcomings? The guys discuss.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Is it the right decision for Cole Caufield to return to the Wisconsin Badgers?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!