ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, March 28th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, April 4th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- It’s week two without NHL hockey and we are now carefully monitoring the sanity of our co-hosts Rick and Joe.
- The Canadiens made a pair of signings this week, re-signing Gustav Olofsson to a one-year, two-way contract and signed Jesse Ylonen to his three-year entry-level contract. One has to wonder if Alexander Romanov may be the next one to sign a contract with the club.
- There was a third positive test for the Coronavirus in the NHL this week, coming from the Colorado Avalanche.
- We have seen more and more cancellations and postponements across the sporting world this week that included the CHL cancelling the playoffs for their three leagues and the Memorial Cup, the IOC postponing this year’s summer Olympics and the postponement of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft that was set to take place in Montreal.
- The ECHL and all leagues in the CHL are moving from being suspended to cancelled. Additionally, the IIHF 2020 Men’s World Championships that were set to take place in Switzerland have been cancelled.
- In NHL 20 simulation news, the Carolina Hurricanes beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 7-5, pouring some salt on the wound of Leafs fans.
- The hockey equipment company Bauer has received the green light to begin making protective medical gear for medical staff and first responders.
- Carey Price and his wife Angela made a $50,000 donation to the Breakfast Club of Canada.
- There were layoffs made by Group CH.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Who will be the fall guy for this season should there be one, since Marc Bergevin and Claude Julien will both be back? Could it be Trevor Timmins or Kirk Muller shouldering the blame for this season’s shortcomings? Will the change come in the form of a trade? The guys discuss.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!