ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, April 4th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, April 11th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens made another signing this week, agreeing to terms with recently acquired forward, Laurent Dauphin, on a one-year, two-way contract.
- Results of the 2019-2020 NHLPA Player Poll were released earlier this week. Carey Price was voted as the best goaltender in the league, receiving 41% of the vote, Tomas “Tuna” Tatar was voted for best nickname and the Bell Centre was voted as having the best ice in the league.
- The Coronavirus continues to impact the world and the NHL is no different. It was revealed this week that four additional members of the Ottawa Senators have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing their total to six.
- P.K. Subban and Brian Burke gave their thoughts on a revised Playoff format and draft lottery.
- When will pro sports return? Rick and Joe ask the question on every sports fan’s mind.
- The Montreal Canadiens Children’s Foundation has announced donations of $1.1 million to help 73 orgnaizations that work for the well-being of underprivileged children in Quebec.
- Ken Dryden wrote a poem about COVID-19.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
Who will be the fall guy for this season should there be one, since Marc Bergevin and Claude Julien will both be back? Could it be Trevor Timmins or Kirk Muller shouldering the blame for this season’s shortcomings? Will the change come in the form of a trade? The guys discuss.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!