ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, April 11th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, April 18th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Former Habs defenceman Andrei Markov is not expected to return to his current KHL club Lokomotiv for next season. Will the 41-year-old be headed for retirement.
- Habs forward Charles Hudon has some clubs in the NLA and KHL interested in his services, according to his agent Allain Roy. Roy believes the time could be right for the soon-to-be 26-year-old to make the jump overseas.
- The Canadiens’ top defensive prospect, Alexander Romanov, could be on his way to Montreal soon and Trevor Timmins provided some insight on both Romanov’s game and his personality.
- In interviews this week, NHL Commisioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly asserted that the NHL is still hopeful to “salvage the season.” In an appearance on Tim & Sid, Daly said the NHL has yet to establish a “drop-dead date” where the 2019-20 season must be cancelled.
- One of the avenues that has been considered for a potential resumption of play is neutral sites for games. without fans. Sites that have been discussed are Grand Forks, North Dakota, Manchester, New Hampshire and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Daly added that no neutral site has been vetted by the NHL.
- Habs coach Claude Julien is preparing for the resumption of play. In an article in the Athletic, Julien discussed how the prospect of a March Madness style tournament for the Playoffs, in which the Canadiens would be included.
- Paul Byron gave his thoughts on Marc Bergevin in a Q&A with Sportsnet.
- Cole Caufield is looking forward to his next season at Wisconsin and being “dominant” at the collegiate level.
- TSN’s Craig Button did a simulated lottery in which the Canadiens’ won big in the lottery and moved up six slots to the second overall pick and snagged Quinton Byfield.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!