ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, April 18th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, April 25th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Canadiens prospect defenceman, Mattias Norlinder, signed a two-year contract with Frolunda of the SHL.
- Forwards Konstantin Okulov and Dmitrij Jaskin signed extensions with their respective KHL clubs, Okulov with CSKA Moscow and Jaskin with Dynamo Moscow. Okulov and Jaskin were players that the Habs had some interest in.
- The Winnipeg Jets and Dustin Byfuglien came to a mutual agreement to terminate the defenceman’s contract on Friday.
- Former Habs defenceman, Marco Scandella, signed a four-year extension with the St. Louis Blues.
- Gary Bettman said the NHL is looking to be “flexible and agile” in their attempt to complete the 2019-2020 season. Bettman also noted they were looking for a way that would be fair to teams that were on the bubble.
- If the NHL season were to return, Tomas Tatar said in a conference call that he has recovered from the upper-body injury that he suffered before the NHL season was paused.
- Former Habs defenceman Andrei Markov announced his retirement from professional hockey earlier this week. This came after last week when it was revealed he would not be signing an extension with Lokomotiv of the KHL.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Rick and Joe take a look back at the questions they asked at the beginning of the season that focused on the major concerns heading into the season. With the 71 games the Canadiens played this season, the guys look back on how pertinent those questions and concerns were for this year’s team.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!