ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, April 25th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, May 2nd at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens have signed goaltender Vasily Demchenko to a one-year, two-way contract.
- Defenceman Alexei Marchenko is not going to sign an extension with his KHL club, CSKA Moscow. The Canadiens are reportedly a team that are interested in his services.
- Eric Engels said based on his information that it is “all but assured” Ilya Kovalchuk will be back with the Habs next season. The guys discuss the possibility of the 37-year-old returning to the club.
- In a conference call, Brendan Gallagher touched on the idea of signing a contract extension with the Canadiens, also saying that he didn’t believe that negotiations would become a distraction.
- The NHL has floated around the idea of holding the Draft before awarding the Stanley Cup. After the NFL draft this week, Rick and Joe discuss what the NHL could have learned from how the NFL handled their draft.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- As the NHL has insisted over the last few weeks, they are looking at all possible options for resumption of play. One of the options that was discussed this week was Hub Cities where games would be played in NHL cities that have not been hit too hard by the Coronavirus. The desire for games to be played in NHL arenas is what makes this idea more intriguing than some of the neutral sites that have been discussed in previous weeks.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!