ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, May 2nd at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, May 9th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens have come to terms on an entry-level deal with forward Arsen Khisamutdinov. Khisamutdinov was a sixth-round selection by the Habs in the 2019 NHL Draft.
- The Habs top prospect on the backend, Alexander Romanov, has signed a long-term contract of sorts, getting engaged to his girlfriend.
- The Bruins came to terms on a one-year contract extension with goaltender Jaroslav Halak.
- The Blackhawks have fired their long-time President and CEO, John McDonough, after thirteen years and three Stanley Cups. The guys ponder who could possibly replace an executive with such pedigree.
- Tomas Plekanec did an interview with Louis Jean in which he shared that he would like to get into coaching, while also using two of his former coaches as his sources of inspiration and one coach that he said he would not emulate.
- Former Montreal Canadiens tough guy, Georges Laraque tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week.
- Kirk Muller’s mother, Annette went viral this week with a photo of her holding up a sign that said “Need More Wine” against her window.
- The NHL and NHLPA released a joint statement detailing their plans for “Phase 2” in which players could return to small group activities in the “mid-to-later” part of May, while also saying that the Return to Play Committee will continue to meet on a regular basis.
- Phillip Danault believes it would be “inhumane” to ask players to be separated from their families for two-to-three months, should the NHL season resume.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- TSN composed an All-Time Montreal Canadiens team in a project they have dubbed the “All-Time 7 Project” in which they will do the same for each Canadian team. Given the Canadiens illustrious history, it is a tall order to pick just 21 players, but they did. Of course, their selections have led to some Canadiens fans asking why certain players were omitted. Rick and Joe take a look at the team and ask who should be added that is not present and which players should not have made the cut.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!