ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, May 9th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, May 16th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- After being the focal point of Habs fans since the NHL season was paused, Alexander Romanov has signed his entry-level contract with the Montreal Canadiens.
- Another defenceman is making the trip to North America after playing overseas. Mikko Lehtonen, regarded as being one of the best defencemen outside the NHL, signed a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Alexei Marchenko, a former teammate of Alexander Romanov, is staying in the KHL signing with Lokomotiv.
- Habs prospect defenceman, Jordan Harris, is returning to the Northeastern Huskies for the 2020-21 season.
- The Rocket have signed centre Liam Hawel to a one-year, one-way AHL contract.
- There was an update on Jesperi Kotkaniemi’s spleen injury that he suffered before the season was paused.
- Charlie Lindgren believes that he is ready for a full-time job in the NHL.
- Gerry Cheevers was in the headlines this week and as you might expect it was because of his comments about the Montreal Canadiens and Carey Price.
- Carey Price showed his class once again by sending a video message to two boys who lost their parents in the Nova Scotia tragedy.
- The continued impact of Coronavirus on the sporting world.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- After the long-awaited signing of Alexander Romanov, Rick and Joe take a look at the Canadiens’ blueline and where Romanov might be best suited to play. They also discuss what to expect out of Romanov as comparisons and expectations have already began to run a little wild.
- After missing out on Mikko Lehtonen, who could have been an impactful addition for a team looking for puck movers on the left side, the guys discuss the defenceman’s decision to join the rival Toronto Maple Leafs where he will likely get less opportunity to play his natural side and perhaps less playing time in general.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!