ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, May 16th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, May 23rd at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens signed another of their prospects this week. They agreed to terms with Cam Hillis on a three-year entry level contract. Hillis, 19, was a 3rd round pick in 2018 who played alongside Nick Suzuki with the Guelph Storm.
- The Habs will be losing rights to unsigned prospects June 1st, including Allan McShane, Cole Fonstad, Samuel Houde, Arvid Henrikson and Max Friberg.
- Former Canadiens forward, Ales Hemsky, announced his retirement this week. Hemsky, who will be 37 in August, played 15 seasons in the NHL, most of which were with the Edmonton Oilers.
- Mark Weightman former VP of the Laval Rocket, has joined Dean McDonald’s group as a consultant.
- Max Domi spoke to the media via a conference call this week and the forward touched on a variety of topics, including contract negotiations with the Canadiens.
- P.K. Subban was in the headlines this week, after he claimed this week that he believes he is one of the top defencemen in the NHL.
- One of the Habs top prospects Cole Caufield was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year.
- TSN selected an All-Time Team Canada which included Carey Price and Shea Weber alongside the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Bobby Orr and Martin Brodeur.
- Carey and Angela Price once again showed their tremendous generosity, donating to The Hero Project, an initiative that helps feed frontline workers at Jewish General Hospital.
- Impact of the Coronavirus.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The AHL cancelled the remainder of their season this week due to the ongoing pandemic, as announced by AHL President Dave Andrews, earlier this week. With that, the season has ended for all 31 AHL clubs, including the Laval Rocket. Rick and Joe discuss the cancellation of the AHL season and the season that was for the Laval Rocket.
- In spite of the AHL cancelling their season, Gary Bettman said this week that the prospect of cancelling the remainder of the season and not rewarding the Stanley Cup is “not something I’m even contemplating.” If the Canadiens are to return this year, the guys who would comprise the Canadiens Black Aces.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!