ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, May 23rd at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, May 30th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Laval Rocket have signed forward Yannick Veilleux to a one-year, one-way AHL contract for the 2020-21 season. Veilleux had a productive season, picking up 20 points in 26 games for the Rocket.
- Cayden Primeau was named to the AHL’s All-Rookie team. Primeau posted a record of 17-11-3 with four shutouts in his rookie campaign.
- Noah Juulsen spoke with the media via a conference call this week, providing an update on his status in the process and how the current pandemic has impacted his training.
- Top 2020 NHL Draft prospect, Marco Rossi, won the OHL’s most outstanding player award. Rossi compiled 120 points in just 56 games played for the Ottawa 67’s.
- The Impact of the Coronavirus on the sporting world.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The NHL have been adamant that they are leaving nothing off the table as it pertains to a resumption of play for this NHL season. This week, the 24-team format gained significant traction and the NHL and NHLPA have been working on that format for a potential return to play. This format would see the top four teams in each conference get byes through the play-in tournament, while teams who would traditionally be on the outside looking in, like Montreal, would get an opportunity to participate.
- The Habs inclusion in this format has some NHLers concerned about the prospect of playing a fresher Carey Price in a best-of-three games series, as Larry Brooks of the New York Post pointed out that Price’s reputation has rival teams hoping for the play-in round to be a best-of-five to “temper the impact of a hot goaltender”.
- What hurdles remain for a return to play after the executive board of the NHLPA voted to authorize more negotiations on this format? Rick and Joe discuss what issues still need to be negotiated and what they think of the format.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!