ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, May 30th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, June 6th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Laval Rocket have signed forward Raphael Harvey-Pinard to a one-year, one-way AHL contract for the 2020-21 season. Harvey-Pinard was a 7th round pick in 2019 by the Canadiens and is coming off a productive season with Chicoutimi of the QMJHL.
- 2018 Draft Picks Allan McShane, Cole Fonstad and Samuel Houde will not be getting contract offers from the Canadiens. They will therefore be available for the next draft.
- The case of Alexander Romanov is a curious one, will the newly signed defenceman be able to join the Canadiens in the qualifying round?
- Veteran forwards Brendan Gallagher and Paul Byron spoke about the potential return to play and are understandably relishing the opportunity to compete for a Stanley Cup.
- Top 2020 NHL Draft prospect, Marco Rossi has been named the CHL’s Top Scorer of the Year. Rossi compiled 120 points for the Ottawa 67’s this past season.
- The Impact of the Coronavirus. Discussing Group CH requesting financial assistance from the Government of Quebec and the ongoing labour disputes of the MLB.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Gary Bettman spoke this week detailing the NHL’s plans for a resumption of play, the NHL Draft Lottery and much more. Rick and Joe take a look at his comments and give their thoughts on the Phases of the potential return and the format the NHL has decided to go with for both the return to play and the Draft Lottery.
- Marc Bergevin also spoke with the media this week via conference call. The Canadiens’ General Manager gave his thoughts on the return to play and a potential showdown with the Pittsburgh Penguins, provided some updates on players that were dealing with injuries when the season was paused and how he will construct the roster for a return to play.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!