ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, June 6th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, June 13th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Alexis Lafrenière has been named the CHL’s Top Prospect of the Year. He tallied 112 points in 52 games played and has been viewed as the consensus number one pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.
- Stephane Waite provided a status report on Carey Price.
- Rumours have been swirling that former Canadiens’ captain Vincent Damphousse could be appointed President of Hockey Operations next fall.
- The Impact of the Coronavirus. Discussing the Canadiens joining the “All In Challenge”, more on the NHL’s Return-to-Play plan, a Pittsburgh Penguin testing positive for the virus and the NBA’s return.
Segment 2: The Big Topic – Media
- After last week when Group CH requested financial assistance from the Quebec government, this week there were significant layoffs in the company.
- Sportsnet made a major addition to their hockey broadcast, signing Chris Cuthbert to do play-by-play for their broadcasts, which means Cuthbert will be bringing his recognizable voice and catchphrases back to Hockey Night in Canada. Rick and Joe react to this news.
- The Athletic and SB Nation made layoffs Friday.
- Max Kellerman, co-host of First Take on ESPN, made some comments this week that had hockey fans up in arms. Kellerman argued that hockey is “not one of the four major team sports” citing the American television ratings. The guys discuss these comments and the reactions from the likes of Claude Giroux and Mike Milbury.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!