ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, June 13th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, June 20th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Alexis Lafrenière has been named the CHL’s Player of the Year. This comes after Lafrenière was named the CHL’s Top Prospect of the Year last week.
- Canadiens’ captain, Shea Weber, was named the Canadiens nominee for the Bill Masterton Trophy.
- Carey and Angela Price announced they are currently expecting their third child.
- It was reported this week that Penguins forward Jake Guentzel is expected to play in the qualification series against the Habs.
- After last week when it was announced that a Penguins player had tested positive for the coronavirus, this week a member of the Boston Bruins tested positive for the virus. The player has since tested negative in two tests.
- Impact of the Coronavirus. Phase 2 of the NHL’s Return to Play commenced this week, while it was announced that Phase 3 will start July 10th. The MLB Draft was this week, which perhaps provides the NHL with another template for this year’s draft.
Segment 2: The Big Topic – Media
- Geoff Molson spoke to the media via conference call this week and touched on a variety of subjects, including the report from Rejean Tremblay. suggesting the Canadiens would be appointing a President of Hockey Operations and that it would be Vincent Damphousse. Molson denied the rumour, praised Marc Bergevin for his work and the plan that is currently in place for the Canadiens going forward.
- Molson also gave his thoughts on the season that was for the Habs, Phase 2 of the Return to Play plan and Group CH requesting financial support from the Quebec government.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: How are you coping during the ‘pause’?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!