With almost every form of hockey paused or outright cancelled because of COVID-19, we’d like to give goalies and goalie admirers something fun to work on as they sit at home.
Inspired by @EssensasBlocker on Twitter (who also provided the mask templates available for download below), we thought goalies young and old would enjoy an activity almost all of us have at least dabbled in – designing absolutely awesome goalie masks!
So, we’re holding a contest. Here are the rules:
- Using the templates provided, other templates, or drawing the whole mask yourself, create the ultimate goalie mask design. Get creative, get colourful, and let your imagination run wild!
- Send your design via email to [email protected], and post it on social media (Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook) with the hashtag #GoalieMaskChallenge. Please include your name, location (country and city), and age in the email submission.
- The deadline for submissions is Friday March 27 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. Our judges will take the weekend to deliberate, and announce the winners during the following week.
- One winner will be chosen for each of the following age groups (age as of March 27th):
- 8 and under
- 17 and up
- There’s a limit of one mask design per entrant, so feel free to make as many as you like and post on social media, but only email us your very best mask. Any goalie mask style, modern or vintage, is acceptable.
Winners will be notified by email. Submitted artwork will be shared for all to see at ingoalmag.com, as well as the InGoal social media channels. Select submissions may be featured in future InGoal articles and social media posts, with full credit given to the artist.
No contest would be complete without excellent swag. All winners will receive a subscription (or gift subscription if already subscribed) to InGoal Premium. Some of our friends have stepped up to offer gifts appropriate to each age group.
- 8 and under: Premium Subscription, a package of InGoal stickers.
- 9-12: Premium Subscription, a copy of Eli Wilson’s instructional book Hockey Goaltending.
- 13-16: Premium Subscription, a hat and a sticker package from Vintage Goalie brand.
- 17 and up: Premium Subscription, a month’s membership to Pete Fry’s Goalie Mindset Academy, and Goalie Mindset Secrets audiobook.
And this is just the start. As other InGoal friends and partners reach out with prize offers during the week, we’ll update the list accordingly. It won’t get any shorter, but we expect it to grow. Check back, and stay tuned!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments below.
Now, get designing!