Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.– The Merrimack women’s ice hockey laid out an impressive defensive effort against the Boston University Terriers on Sunday, holding the visitors to a 1-0 final at Lawler Rink. The defense supported Emma Gorski’s 31 save effort with a 4-for-4 penalty kill.
Score: Merrimack 0, Boston University 2
Records: Merrimack (1-13-0, 1-13-0 HE) | Boston University (4-4-0, 4-4-0 HE)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- Boston University scored the first goal of the game at 4:44 of the first period, taking a loose puck from the defensive zone end-to-end, finishing with a shallow shot on goal for a 1-0 lead.
- The Terriers halted a nail-biting offensive run by the Warriors with an empty net goal with two and a half to play in the game.
- The Warriors offense fired 18 shots on goal, led by Katie Kaufman’s three shots on goal.
Notes & Numbers
- Teams were even in the faceoff column, both winning 27 draws, with captain Megan Fergusson dominating in the dot with 10 wins.
- The Warriors had six players—Dominika Laskova, Ally Qualley, Raice Szott, Hannah Corneliusen, Courtney Maud and Allison Reeb each notched two shots on goal on the day.
- Goaltenders: Emma Gorski (30 saves, 1-11-0) | Corinne Schroeder (24 saves, 2-2-0)
- Power Plays: MC 0-3 | BU 0-4
- Shots on Goal: MC 2, BU 15 | MC 9, BU 9 | MC 7, BU 9 | MC 18, BU 33
- Faceoffs: 27 MC | 27 BU
- Blocks: 8 MC | 7 BU
The Warriors will continue their Hockey East competition next weekend with an opponent to be announced later this week by the conference. The game against the Vermont Catamounts on Tuesday, February 9 will not be played as scheduled.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.