|Matchup||Merrimack College Warriors (1-3-0, 1-3-0 HE)
vs. Boston College Eagles (5-3-0, 5-3-0 HE)
|Date/Time||Friday, January 8, 2021 | 2:00 PM
Saturday January 9, 2021 | 2:00 PM
|Venue||Fri: Conte Forum | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
Sat: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
|Multimedia||NESN | Friday Stream (Outside New England) | Friday Live Stats
Saturday Stream | Saturday Live Stats
|Social||Twitter | Instagram|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack women’s ice hockey opens 2021 with the first of two contests against the Boston College Eagles on NESN.
Merrimack returns to the ice after falling in back-to-back contests against the UConn Huskies on Dec. 18 and 19. Sophomore netminder Emma Gorski started in both contests against the Huskies, turning aside 39 saves on Friday and 38 on Saturday.
• Friday will be Rachel Rockwell‘s 100th career game, joining Courtney Maud (105) and Megan Fergusson (107) as the other players on the squad with the century mark.
• Assistant captain Dominika Laskova returns to the team after participating in the Czech national team camp in preparation for the 2021 IIHF Women’s World Championship Tournament.
• Katie Kaufman leads the team in shots on goal with 12, followed by junior Gabby Jones with 11. Both forwards have notched a goal on the year.
• Junior defender Julia MacLean is tied for ninth in blocked shots on the Hockey East leaderboard with 14 blocks on the year.
• Maud and Fergusson are both in the top 20 for Hockey East in the number of faceoff wins this season with 37 and 34 successful draws respectively.
A Look at the Eagles:
Boston College last took to the ice on December 11 and 13 against then-No. 2 Northeastern. The Eagles fell in the first game at home 4-1 before taking a 2-1 victory at Matthews for their fifth win of the season. BC has taken games against UNH, UConn and Northeastern, with two of their three losses coming from a weekend series against Providence in November.
Leading the offense for the Eagles is Kelly Browne with four goals and 10 points through eight games and is one of four players with four tallies on the year. In goal all three netminders have made appearances for the Eagles, with Maddy McArthur leading the way with three wins in four starts. Abigail Levy has made two starts and three appearances and Kelly Pickreign taking two starts, with each earning a win. The Warriors last won against the Eagles on December 8, 2018 in a 1-0 victory in North Andover.
Inside the Matchup
|Merrimack (1-3-0, 1-3-0 HE)||Category||Boston College (5-3-0, 5-3-0 HE)|
|5-0 L (12/19 vs Holy Cross)||Last Game||W 2-1 (12/13 vs Northeastern)|
The Warriors will finish the weekend at home on Saturday with puck drop on SportsLive at 2 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.