Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass – The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team was shut out by New Hampshire 6-0 on Friday night in the first of a conference home-and-home series at Lawler Rink.
Score: Merrimack 0, New Hampshire 6
Records: Merrimack (4-13-2, 1-11-2 HEAW) | New Hampshire (8-7-2, 6-6-1 HEAW)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass
How It Happened
- New Hampshire scored the first goal of the night midway through the first period, before the Wildcats doubled their lead a minute later.
- Despite Merrimack getting three power play opportunities, UNH added three goals in the second period.
- The Warriors outshot the Wildcats 13 to six in the third period but were unable to get a goal through on the night.
Notes & Numbers
- The Warriors had more shots than UNH in the game at 48, but were only able to mark 24 shots on goal.
- Special teams served as a focal point of the game, as Merrimack’s penalty kill went 4-for-4.
- Julia MacLean and Gabby Jones were tied for the team lead in shots on goal with four each.
- Freshman goaltender Emma Gorski came on in relief in the third period, making five saves.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (20 saves, 3-10-2) // Ava Boutilier (24 saves, 8-6-1)
- Power Plays: 0-8 | 0-4
- Shots on Goal: 11-11 // 14-17 // 13-6 – 24-31
- Faceoffs: 27 // 25
- Blocks: 8 // 13
The Warriors will play their final game of the 2019 calendar year at New Hampshire on Saturday, Dec. 7, with puck drop at 3 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.